Make everyone in the house happy with these oatmeal cups and top with bananas, blueberries, raisins, or chocolate chips. They are good hot or cold and can be a great breakfast or snack. They are whole grain and low in sugar.
1 ½ cups oatmeal (quick or regular oats)
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray muffin pan or spray muffin liners with nonstick cooking spray
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed together
4. Fill each muffin cup until ¾ full
5. Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes
Makes 6 muffins.
Each muffin provides 130 calories, 6 grams protein, 2 grams fat, 23 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams sugar, 3 grams fiber