Healthy Breakfast Options That Are Quicker Than a Fast Food Restaurant
Fast food is an easy option for breakfast, but there are several make-at-home options that may be faster and healthier than what you can get on the road. Check out these delicious and nutritious options!
Remember to choose a whole grain, choose a lean protein,
and choose a fruit or vegetable:
1. Fresh: toast a whole wheat bagel. Add low fat cream cheese and fresh strawberries.
2. Salty and Sweet: toast a whole wheat English muffin. Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, sliced banana, and 1 teaspoon of honey.
3. Traditional with a Twist: crack an egg in a microwave safe bowl and add with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. For a scrambled egg, combine egg and 2 tablespoons milk. Stir and cook as above. Serve with fresh spinach in a whole wheat tortilla. For an added kick, include your favorite salsa!
4. Nostalgic: toast one whole wheat waffle. Top with yogurt, peaches, and cinnamon.
5. Hearty and Healthy: combine one packet of plain instant oatmeal and low-fat milk. Heat in the microwave. Top with bananas, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of walnuts, and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.