Baked Oatmeal Cups
Make everyone in the house happy with these oatmeal cups and top with bananas, blueberries, raisins, or chocolate chips. They are good hot or cold and can be a great breakfast or snack. They are whole grain and low in sugar.
1 ½ cups oatmeal (quick or regular oats)
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray muffin pan or spray muffin liners with nonstick cooking spray
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed together
4. Fill each muffin cup until ¾ full
5. Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes
Makes 6 muffins.
Each muffin provides 130 calories, 6 grams protein, 2 grams fat, 23 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams sugar, 3 grams fiber